Updated: Jul 7
This year for Pride month we are proud to join forces with Switchboard LGBT+ to raise money and awareness for this charity.
Switchboard LGBT + helpline is a confidential helpline open to the LGBTQ+ communities and beyond. To learn more about this wonderful charity, visit their website.
Throughout the month we held many different activities and events to raise awareness for this worthy cause.
In our First week we walked Proud, with Acuity team members completing 5k per day while listening to Switchboard LGBT + podcasts learning about the untold history and stories of the organisation.
In our second week, we welcomed Stephanie Fuller, Switchboard General Manager and Tash Walker, Co-chair of the Switchboard for two very informative lunch and learns. They went through the logbooks and milestones of LGBTQ+ communities and historical calls that can be traced back to 1974.
Our final event was a fantastic raffle where we had some amazing donated prizes. We
would also like to thank all our sponsors for this event.
Please see below our lists of prizes and winners.
• London Grace – Hip Hip Hoorah voucher – winner Liz Thomas
• Teds Grooming Room – The full ted service – Tomasz Sieminski
• Hamper of Prizes – Fiona Robbins
• EMFD – Beautiful bouquet of flowers - Naomi Auston
• Lush spaces – free garden consultation – Michael Wong
• Gritter Massage – Massage voucher – Anastasia Stutz
• Cesor Acosta- Painting worth £1500 - Giedrius Dockus
In total we have raised over £700 for the Switchboard LGBT +, and shared incredible stories throughout June. Our Pride Event page was also one of the most successful JustGiving pages last month. Out of thousands of fundraisers, Acuity were in the top 15%!